Watch the recording from probably the best risk management 2 (RM2) conference this year. It was a great honor for me to speak at Probability Management, USA, alongside Sam Savage, Doug Hubbard, Tom Keelin and Harry Markowitz.
Here is a quick summary of all presentations and their slides:
Tuesday, March 26
- Virtual SIPs – Sam L. Savage, Executive Director of ProbabilityManagement.org and author of The Flaw of Averages
- Promoting Predictive Analytics in a Large Organization – Andrew Abranches and Ujvalla Gupta, Pacific Gas and Electric Company
- Using Probability Management for System Design Tradespace Exploration – Gregory S. Parnell, Ph.D., Department of Industrial Engineering, University of Arkansas
- Metalog Distributions: Uses and Applications To Strengthen Your Capabilities – Tom Keelin, Managing Partner, Keelin Reeds Partners and Chief Research Scientist, ProbabilityManagement.org
- Using Risk Analysis to Make Better Strategic Decisions – Alex Sidorenko, Institute for Strategic Risk Analysis in Decision Making
- Stochastic Econometrics – Katlin Bass and Madeline Minchillo, Lone Star Analysis
- How to Supplement Safety Requirements to Prevent Major Technological Catastrophes? – Stan Uryasev, Risk Management and Financial Engineering Lab, University of Florida
- Utilization of an Attrition Model to Explore Warfighting Utility of Non-Kinetic Attacks – CAPT Brian Morgan, Naval Postgraduate School, and Harrison Schramm, Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments
Wednesday, March 27
- The Failure of Risk Management: Why It’s *Still* Broken and How to Fix It – Doug Hubbard, Hubbard Decision Research and author of The Failure of Risk Management: Why It’s *Still* Broken and How to Fix It
- The Mission Assurance Portfolio (MAP) Model: A SIPmath Application of Scenario-Based Portfolio Planning with Uncertainty – Shaun Doheney, Innovative Decisions, Inc., and Chair of Resources and Readiness Applications at ProbabilityManagement.org
- Long-range Probabilistic Forecasts of US Energy Use and Prices – Max Henrion, PhD, Lumina Decision Systems, Inc.
- The Problem with Big Data – Harry Markowitz, Harry Markowitz Co. (via live webcast)
- Beyond Risk: Applying SIPMath Across the Enterprise – Raj Dev, Credit Sesame, and Matthew Raphaelson, Chair of Banking Applications at ProbabilityManagement.org
- Risk-Aware Planning for City Finances: How Much of a Rainy Day Fund is Enough? (presentation) | Model – Shayne Kavanagh, Government Finance Officers Association, and Dan Matusiewicz, City of Newport Beach
- Multi-objective Optimization for Sustainable Development of Transportation Infrastructure Networks – Michael Lepech, Stanford Incheon Global Campus Research Center
- SIPs and SLURPs of Water: Applied Probability Management – Thomas W. Chesnutt, Ph.D., PStat®, CAP®, A & N Technical Services, Inc.
- When It Hits Home! (this presentation is not available) – Deborah C. Gordon, Director City/County Association of Governments San Mateo County (2002-2018) and Former Mayor, Woodside, CA