Alex Sidorenko from RISK-ACADEMY talks about 4 things good risk managers do:
1. Don’t take the standards and best practices too seriously
2. Don’t talk to people about risks or managing them, appetites and other buzzwords
3. Don’t try to win everyone over, some managers are beyond help
4. Don’t waste your time, if the management is not ready to be transparent and honest about the risks they take, resign.
What do you think?
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
At RISK-ACADEMY we have compiled free videos of lectures, seminars and interviews with Russian risk managers, as well as free templates and examples of the tools required for the implementation of elements of risk management in the organization of small and medium-sized businesses.
Download the #1 risk management book in the world: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/323254437_FREE_RISK_MANAGEMENT_BOOK_GUIDE_TO_EFFECTIVE_RISK_MANAGEMENT_30
Some of the best risk management training courses focusing on decision making, cognitive biases, ERM, risk modeling: https://riskacademy.blog/product/risk-managers-training/
Prefer audio or podcasts? We have you sorted: https://soundcloud.com/riskacademy
MUST read for all risk managers in non-financial companies: https://riskacademy.blog/category/hot/