DAAG Virtual Conference | Day 1
Wednesday, June 24
8:00AM – 9:30 AM (PT):
Session #1: Engineering/Manufacturing Decision-Making
Session Co-Chairs: Steve Glickman, Senior Strategy Analyst, Boeing, Michelle Scarbrough Decision Analytics Manager, Boeing, and Masa Lipilio, Decision Support Analyst, Boeing
- Steve Glickman, Senior Strategy Analyst, Boeing. “Applying Decision Quality Principles to Development of a Supersonic Business Jet”.
- Greg Parnell, Professor of Practice, Department of Industrial Engineering, University of Arkansas. “Decision Analysis based Trade-off Analytics with Set-Based Design”
- David Skinner – Coming Soon!
10:00AM – 11:30AM (PT):
Session #2: US Government making quality technology opportunity framing and investment decisions
Session Co-Chairs: Michael Glinsky, Physicist, Sandia National Laboratories, & Ellen Coopersmith, President, Decision Frameworks
- Michael Glinsky, Physicist, Sandia National Laboratories. “Portfolio de-risking for major-capital scientific investments”
- Bruce M. Thompson, Manager, Advanced Decision Analytics, Sandia National Laboratories. “Tradespace Analytics to Support Major Acquisition Programs”
- Mark L. Kiefer, Manager, Sandia National Laboratories. “Initial Use of Decision Quality Methods for Planning a Billion-Dollar-Class Science and Test Facility”.
Noon – 1:30 PM (PT):
Session #3: Uncertainty in Decision-Making
Session Chair: Neil Hamlett, Principal & Founder, Uncertainty Research
- Dr. Sam Savage, Executive Director, ProbabilityManagement.org. “The Arithmetic of Uncertainty”
- Tom Keelin, Managing Partner, Keelin Reed Partners. “Metalog Bayesian Inference: Bayesian Updating That’s Flexible, Simple, Fast, Interpretable, and Closed-Form”
- Gary J. Summers, President, Pipeline Physics, LLC. “The difference between a model and reality: How does it affect decision analysis?”
MORE DETAILS: https://cvent.me/WL7ABZ?RefId=RISKACADEMY_DAAGCONFERENCE