We offer half-day, one or two-day training programs specifically designed for investment companies. This training is suitable for Private equity funds, Pension funds, Sovereign wealth funds and other organizations with significant investment activities in the private market.
Below are just some of the critical topics covered in our training courses:
- Development and implementation of practical tools for making strategic, operational and investment decisions based on risk
- The psychology of risk perception and the development of risk management culture
- Integration of risk management into strategic asset allocation, budgeting, investment activities, reporting and other key business processes across the organization
- Quantification of the impact of risks on the objectives and KPIs of the organization as whole or individual investments (decision trees, tools, Monte-Carlo simulation, the use of scoring models for non-financial companies).
- Recommendations to meet the requirements of regulators and global trends in the field of risk management, including applicable ISO 31000 2018, COSO:ERM 2017 and other risk management requirements.
All of our courses involve wide-ranging practical case studies and exercises. We offer training sessions in Russian and English.
- Why manage risks systematically?
- Common problems in investment decision making
- Information quality
- Cognitive biases
- Hidden agendas
- Risk management can provide clarity and assurance to decision makers
- Identification of risks associated with decision making or goals/KPIs achievement
- Risk analysis in decision making (sensitivity analysis, scenario analysis, Monte-Carlo simulations, decision trees, scoring models)
- Risk mitigation and risk-based decision making
- Disclosure, reporting, monitoring and review
- The new international ISO 31000 risk management standard
- A roadmap for risk management integration:
- Developing new and updating existing policies and procedures
- Integration into decision making, planning, budgeting, purchasing, auditing etc.
- Risk management roles and responsibilities, risk management KPIs
- Integrating risk information into management reporting
- Resources required for the implementation of risk management
- Auditing risk management effectiveness
- Risk management software