It truly was a great webinar!
Watch the replay from Francois Blouin, Senior Manager, Risk Management – Culture and Transformation at National Bank of Canada and Alex Sidorenko, RISK-ACADEMY, talking about risk culture and what it means to an organization. We shared 13 action points for you to implement.
I, naturally, suggest you watch the full webinar, there is a story and explanation behind each point. Don’t have the time to watch a 1-hour webinar, here are the points:
- Jump on somebody else’s train
- Change the risk team mentality first
- Engage business along the way and keep your methodologies transparent to all
- Establish champions/owners to help drive risk culture
- Use the business language
- Make risk information accessible to all
- Provide simple decision-making tools to decision makers
- Audit culture regularly
- Get involved in other initiatives outside the risk discipline
- Be relevant and be knowledgeable
- Understand and align the compensation with risk culture
- Try crazy things, never know what will work
- Do cocktails
Also, check out my past articles on culture:
- Practical steps to build risk management culture – Alex Sidorenko
- RISK MATURITY: How to integrate risk management into roles and responsibilities
- AUDIO: Guide to effective risk management
- Building risk culture is easier than making hot dogs
- How did you build a risk culture in your organization?