It truly was a great webinar!
Watch the replay from Francois Blouin, Senior Manager, Risk Management – Culture and Transformation at National Bank of Canada and Alex Sidorenko, RISK-ACADEMY, talking about risk culture and what it means to an organization. We shared 13 action points for you to implement.
Check out other risk management books
I, naturally, suggest you watch the full webinar, there is a story and explanation behind each point. Don’t have the time to watch a 1-hour webinar, here are the points:
- Jump on somebody else’s train
- Change the risk team mentality first
- Engage business along the way and keep your methodologies transparent to all
- Establish champions/owners to help drive risk culture
- Use the business language
- Make risk information accessible to all
- Provide simple decision-making tools to decision makers
- Audit culture regularly
- Get involved in other initiatives outside the risk discipline
- Be relevant and be knowledgeable
- Understand and align the compensation with risk culture
- Try crazy things, never know what will work
- Do cocktails
Also, check out my past articles on culture:
- Practical steps to build risk management culture – Alex Sidorenko
- RISK MATURITY: How to integrate risk management into roles and responsibilities
- AUDIO: Guide to effective risk management
- Building risk culture is easier than making hot dogs
- How did you build a risk culture in your organization?