Join Francois Blouin, Senior Manager, Risk Management – Culture and Transformation at National Bank of Canada and Alex Sidorenko, RISK-ACADEMY, to talk about risk culture and what it means to an organization. We will try to share some fun and practical stories and steps we took to create, strengthen, encourage risk culture.
Here is a little anecdote from me: one of the executives at the largest sovereign fun where I worked created the term “derisking”. It literally meant running a Monte-Carlo simulation on a business plan or budget to replace single point estimate with a range, which would give an executive much more flexibility to choose what goes into the final documents and gets sent to the government. That is one sexy risk culture!
Check out other risk management books
Also, check out my past articles on culture:
- Practical steps to build risk management culture – Alex Sidorenko
- RISK MATURITY: How to integrate risk management into roles and responsibilities
- AUDIO: Guide to effective risk management
- Building risk culture is easier than making hot dogs
- How did you build a risk culture in your organization?